The Cronulla Model Aero Club is a vibrant club with over 50 years of aeromodelling history and operates out of a flying field adjacent to Heathcote Road in Sydney. If you are a beginner requiring tuition, the club has several qualified instructors to assist you in your efforts to achieve the “Bronze or Silver Wings” accreditation which allows you to fly solo. We also welcome experienced flyers but it should be noted that any application for membership of Cronulla Model Aero Club is subject to the endorsement of the clubs executive committee.
Weather permitting, the flying field is normally in use by members on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays up until approximately midday. During the first year of membership, and subject to club discretion, new-member access to the field will be limited to periods when the field is occupied by experienced members.
If you wish to join the club it is strongly recommended that you visit the flying field to see whether membership of the club fits your needs. Assuming you want to go ahead and join, please ask a club member about obtaining a “Membership Application” form. There are several levels of membership available with approximate annual fees as follows -
- Senior - $165.00 with newsletter by email
- Junior (18 years of age or less at the beginning of the financial year) - $30.00 with newsletter by email
- Associate Senior (has affiliation with the National Association (MAAA) for the current year through another club) - $65.00
- Associate Junior (has affiliation with the National Association (MAAA) for the current year through another club) - nil
- Social - $20.00
- Club Joining Fee - $20.00 for Seniors or nil fee for Juniors
- N.B. - half yearly memberships are conditionally available after the 1st of January
Full membership includes affiliation with the MAAA and the associated insurance cover. The membership period is from 1st July until 30th June and membership fee discounts may be applicable if joining after 31 December.